City Science works with partners to co-create clear strategies that simplify complexity and turn ideas into action. Using detailed evidence, award-winning tools and cutting-edge models developed through our mission to decarbonise, City Science can support you to develop robust, engaging strategies that move you forward. Through our extensive experience engaging stakeholders, we ensure a fully participatory and interactive process, brought to life through unique digital tools.
Local Area Energy Plans
We provide a data-driven, fully-evidenced, whole system approach to identifying the most effective decarbonisation pathways for your region’s energy system.
- Assessing energy efficiency and renewable energy potential (such as for Exeter, Uttlesford)
- Net Zero strategies, scenarios and action planning (such as for Oxfordshire/England’s Economic Heartland)
- Retrofit and heat modelling (such as for OfGem/BEIS)
- Electric vehicle strategies (such as for Blackpool)
- Hydrogen strategies (such as for Emerald Green Power)
- Techno-economic modelling within “hard to decarbonise” sectors (such as for work on freight for the DfT)
Decarbonisation of Heat
Using in-house, industry-leading modelling tools, we support a range of analysis, feasibility and strategy in the decarbonisation of heat at a regional level, campus level or at the level of individual properties.
- Heat Demand and Building Modelling (such as for Uttlesford/BEIS)
- District Heat Network feasibility and zoning (such as for OfGem/BEIS)
- Retrofit strategies (such as for Cambridgeshire)
- Smart Meter Enabled Thermal Efficiency Ratings (such as for BEIS)
- Developing strategies for Heat as a Service and decarbonisation of property portfolios (such as for BEIS and Exeter City Council)
- Undertaking heat finance modelling and innovative research (such as Heat Pump Ready)